lunes, 2 de abril de 2012

that place


I think we all have or should have that special place where we just go to clear our mind. 

I remember when I was in high school and still lived with my parents, I loved going to the beach, the place where we throw my grandfather ashes, if it was a bad weather day I just stayed in the car, but if it was sunny I went down just to watch the waves reach the sand, maybe is because I thought he would be there and tell me that everything was going to be ok.

In Monterrey, where I lived after that I would go to a park where sometimes I walked with a friend, but there was a bench that was far away from where people were always running or doing some kind of exercise, I liked to be there quietly putting my thoughts in order

So when I moved to San Francisco earlier this year, had not found a place so I have been so eager to just lock myself in my room, put the music on and shout to my pillow I had to confess I don’t go out that much, but everyone tells me that the city is amazing and that I must go out and see, so this one day I decided to go out a little bit farther form my 6 blocks comfort zone.

I found a place that few have the pleasure to see, is at the end of Pier 39, where a lot of sea lions spend their day, some are just lying in the sun, others play with each others, and others only shout to the wind. The site is full of tourists but sometimes just for a couple of minutes I thinks its only the sea lions and me.
And there's something about them that make me smile, get my head straight and my feet back to the ground.


2 comentarios:

  1. wow!!!! amazing place!!!! es como un lugar de sueño!!! q maravilla!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Tat, I love the way you describe the place. I believe the place found you because you need that moment alone with the sea lions. Maybe some day, they will teach you how to shout to the wind.
    A big hug to you, my sweet blue-eyes girl.

    ResponderEliminar